Except where stated, the information on this website is the copyright of Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 New Zealand licence (Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial Licence). The material protected by Waka Kotahi copyright may be reproduced for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge.
Requests and enquiries concerning the reproduction of information on this website for any purpose other than personal or inhouse use should be directed to the BikeReady team, Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, Private Bag 6995, Wellington 6141, New Zealand, or email BikeReady@nzta.govt.nz
The permission to reproduce material protected by Waka Kotahi copyright does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
- The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of that information. However, Waka Kotahi:
- may change, delete, add to or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
- is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website. (Waka Kotahi neither endorses the information, content, presentation or accuracy of such other websites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other websites.)
- The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice and, before acting on any information, you should take specific advice from qualified professional people.
- Reference to any specific commercial product, process or service, whether by trade name, trademark, manufacture or otherwise, does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Waka Kotahi.
- This site may also contain the advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Waka Kotahi does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any user of this site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement or other information, shall be at the user's own risk.
- Waka Kotahi does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever, whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise, for any action taken as a result of reading, or reliance placed on Waka Kotahi because of having read, any part, or all, of the information in this website or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in this site.
- Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of the page or website.
You may browse and access the majority of information contained in this website without providing any personal information.
We analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services and may share data this with our BikeReady partners for this purpose. We use Google Analytics, a third party service to analyse the web traffic data for us.
We may collect, hold and use statistical information about visits to help us improve the site, for instance:
(a) Your IP address
(b) The search terms you uses
(c) The pages accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
(d) The data and time you visited the site
(e) The referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
(f) Your operating system (eg Windows 10, Mac OS X)
(g) The type of web browser you use (eg Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox)
The data is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. Our web analytics will also respect any ‘do not track’ settings you might have set on your browser.
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (for example, through email feedback or by completing a form), we want you to know that we will protect your personal information, and that we will only collect, use, store, and disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (external link)
If you subscribe to a BikeReady update alert or newsletter we will collect your name and email address. Once subscribed, your details will be added to a mailing list that is used to distribute e-newsletters.
Waka Kotahi monitors the effectiveness of these newsletters using analytical tools offered by Campaign Monitor that collect the following information:
- Unique opens – the number and email addresses of subscribers that have opened the email
- Email client usage – which email account (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail) was used to open the email
- Regions – where this email has been opened
- Bounced – the number of emails that weren’t successful due to an inactive address, DNS failure, or if the recipient’s mailbox was full
- Not opened – the number and email addresses of subscribers that didn’t open the email
- Shares – the number of times the newsletter has been shared via email, Facebook or Twitter by subscriber
- Most popular links – the most clicks on any links directing to other websites or information not contained in the email.
There is no ability to collect information beyond this, or to track the recipient outside of a specific e-newsletter. Once the recipient has closed the newsletter, no further information can be collected. You have the right to request access to and correction of any personal information that we hold about you. If you would like to exercise that right or if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold, please write to:
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency
Private Bag 6995
Alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Access keys on this website
Access keys help people navigate websites using a keyboard rather than a mouse. Most pages on Waka Kotahi websites use the access keys recommended for New Zealand government websites.
The exact procedure for activating access keys depends on your operating system and browser.
In most browsers, hold down the Alt key or Apple key while typing the access key, then press Enter. For Firefox use Alt+Shift plus the access key.
The following access keys are available:
- h = home page
- m = menu
- 0 = show list of access keys
- 2 = skip to content
- 3 = skip to top
Some documents published on this site are in PDF format.
To view and print these documents you’ll need to obtain and install a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader. To get the free Adobe Reader go to the Adobe website,(external link) then follow the instructions to download the version applicable to you.
The free Adobe Reader enables you to view, navigate, and browse PDF files, either inside a web browser or in a stand-alone application.